Comrades Marathon 2019
THIS RACE IS RUN UNDER THE RULES OF IAAF, ASA, KZNA AND CMA
Entries for the 2019 Comrades Marathon are limited to a maximum of 25 000 and there will be no extensions. All current and potential Comrades Marathon runners that wish to run the 2019 Comrades Marathon are urged to take careful note of the entry process and the cutoff date. All runners are urged to enter early to avoid disappointment.
Entries open on the 19 October 2018 and close on 10 December 2018 or once the quota of 25 000 has been reached.
DATE AND TIME OF RACE
The race will be run on Sunday, 9 June 2019 starting at 05h30 and finishing at 17h30. The race is run from ‘gun to gun’.
ROUTE & DISTANCE
It is an “UP RUN” starting at the City Hall in Durban and finishing at the Scottsville Racecourse in Pietermaritzburg. The race distance is approximately 87km. The distance is subject to change and will be confirmed in the final race instructions.
South Africa: R600 (19 October 2018 to 10 December 2018)
Foreign athletes (Africa/SADC): R1500 (19 October 2018 to 10 December 2018)
Foreign athletes: R3800 (19 October 2018 to 10 December 2018)
Entry fee is waived for holders of 25 or more Comrades medals. Contact CMA for a 25 medal plus voucher number required during the entry process.
THE ENTRY FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
Entries open on 19 October 2018 and close on 10 December 2018. There will only be one entry window period for all athletes to enter whether they are former Comrades runners, Novices or Foreign athletes. Entries will be limited to a maximum of 25 000 and no extensions will be granted. Entries will close on 10 December 2018 or once the 25 000 entries have been received (i.e. if 25 000 entries are received by 15 November 2018 then no further entries will be accepted). All current and potential Comrades Marathon runners that wish to run in 2019 are urged to take careful note of the entry process and the cut-off date.
NO entries will be taken in 2019.
Total number of entries will be capped at 25 000.
Any irregularities in your entry form will result in a rejected entry. Comrades Marathon Association reserves the right to accept or reject any entry, subject to the rules of IAAF, ASA, KZNA and CMA.
The minimum age requirement is that the athlete must be 20 years or older on the day of the Comrades Marathon.
RESTRICTION ON ENTRY
The Comrades Marathon is restricted to club registered runners only. All participants must be 2019 licensed by their respective Federations. The domicile rule will be strictly enforced. No athlete may run for a club other than a club registered in the Province in which they are domiciled unless they are registered on the current ASA National List. Athletes will not be in possession of their 2019 licenses at the time of entry. They will be allowed to enter, however MUST submit their club name and license number to CMA no later than 16h30, 02 May 2019. Failure to submit these details will result in the entry being rejected.
Note for 2020 Novice Entrants:
- 7000 entries will be reserved exclusively for novice entrants
- Entrants must submit qualifying details and proof on entry or by a set date before the substitution period. Failing to do so, the incomplete novice entries will automatically be matched to a substitution list entrant and the novice entrant forfeits their entry and assocaiated fee.
The Comrades Marathon Association will accept substitutions for the 2019 Comrades Marathon during the window period starting on 1st March 2019 and ending 15th April 2019. No late substitutions will be accepted.
Foreign athletes must strictly observe IAAF Rule 4. All foreign athletes must note that in order to participate in the event, they require written approval (a permit) from their National Federations. In a case where a foreign athlete is entered through a South African athletics club, it is the responsibility of the club to assist the athlete in securing the permit, and to hand it over to the race organizers before the event takes place. Event organizers reserve the right to reject the entry of foreign athletes who violates IAAF Rule 4 and ASA Rule 9.
HOW TO ENTER
1. ONLINE ENTRIES – Please note that in order to enter online you will require either a Debit/Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard). Online entries will open at 08:00am on 19 October 2018.
2. DROP OFF POINT – Hand deliver your entry to the CMA House in Pietermaritzburg by 16h30 on closing date of entries. (Refer to “ENTRY PERIOD” clause above).
3. POSTAL ENTRIES – Post your entry to Comrades Marathon, PO Box 100621, Scottsville, 3209. You may enter using one of the following options, either by cheque or direct deposit. All cheques and direct deposits must be made payable to the Comrades Marathon Association. Postal entries must be postmarked by the Post Office no later than closing date of entries (Refer to “ENTRY PERIOD” clause above). We strongly recommend that you send your entries by registered post. Please keep a copy of your entry form, registered post receipt and deposit slip. Should there be any issues with the non-delivery of your entry we will require a copy from you.
4. DIRECT DEPOSIT – Runners may pay their entry fee by DIRECT DEPOSIT into a Nedbank branch and post their entry form and original deposit slip to CMA. Bank details are: Nedbank, Branch Code: 130526, Account No. 1305846559. Please use your ID Number as the reference number on the deposit slip.
POST THE ORIGINAL DEPOSIT SLIP WITH YOUR ENTRY.
No photocopies will be accepted.
Keep a copy of your entry form.
PLEASE DO NOT DUPLICATE YOUR ENTRY.
NO FAX OR EMAIL ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Upcoming EventsView all events
Durban Exhibition Centre
Durban Exhibition Centre